Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm writing a book.  It's a book .. well .. a book about me.  It's a book about me and my journey, my navigation, if you will, through the maze of the "economic downturn." I began this endeavor the year I was laid off: 2009.  Over the course of the past three years, I've had 3 part-time jobs.  I also became known as a 99'er in the unemployment insurance arena.  Many of my friends have tried to navigate the maze ~ some successfully, some not so much.  I'll include reminiscences and stories about them, sometimes in their own words, and how they've fared.  Mostly it's about my journey.  So far it's been cathartic.  If I write it down and can look at what's happened to me, maybe it'll sink in.

Working title: I AM the Middle Class:  An American Woman's Not So Pleasant Journey Through the Maze of the Current Economic Downturn.  Quite a mouthful, but it's the essence of my story.  May or may not end with a happy ending.  Maybe I should write it as a novel based on facts.  Maybe I should write it as a memoir.  Plummeting from the middle class to the working class poor is a bitter pill to swallow and I believe my story is worthy of print, however I decide to proceed. 

I'll be e-publishing, first with the AARP online folks, then we'll see.  I want to assure people, and by people I mean senior citizens, that they're not alone.  There are millions of us going through the same thing.

Stay tuned ..

No comments:

Post a Comment